When choosing which blanket to purchase please bear in mind that your decision should be based on your individual need. The guidance below will show you the size in comparison to the bed, but just because you have a King Size bed doesn’t mean you should buy the largest blanket. Instead, focus on your body weight, blanket size preference and weighted pressure preference.
- Although not a hard and fast rule, generally somewhere around 10% – give or take 1-2% – of your body weight is best suited for most people.
- For the small 3.2kg blanket that’s between 30kg and 50kg (4 ½ to 7 ½ stone)
- For the medium 6.8kg blanket that’s between 50kg and 80kg (7 ½ to 12 ½ stone)
- For the large 9.0kg blanket that’s between 80kg and 120kg (12 ½ to 18 ½ stone)
Blanket Size Preference
The second consideration is the size of the blanket. There are 3 sizes to choose from – each with different weights. For Single and Queen Size beds you will find the Small and Medium size blankets most suitable. You may also prefer the Large blanket on your Queen Size bed (see image below). For King Size beds the Large blanket is likely to be most suitable unless you need a lower weight.
Weighted Pressure Preference
- For children aged 6 to 10 the Small 3.2kg is likely to be most suitable.
- For teenagers the Medium 6.8kg will likely suit best.
- For adults, the Medium or Large will suit dependent on your preference for a lighter or heavier weight.